Some notes and news to lead off this scorching-hot issue:
• Mark your calendars: Fall Club Crawl® will take over downtown on Saturday, Oct. 16! Best of Tucson® 24 takes over Southern Arizona on Thursday, Sept. 23! And we're this close to nailing down a date for the 17th annual Tucson Area Music Awards, aka the TAMMIES. Look for that date to be announced soon!
• Question: Do you think the paragraph above featured enough exclamation points and registered-trademark symbols?
• In special-issue news: In this very issue, you can find our second annual Weddings Section. It definitely doesn't suck; check it out in the center spread, or in our online Currents section.
• Speaking of weddings ... hey, LGBT folks: Want to get married, even though our cretin lawmakers won't allow you to do so? Well, be sure to pick up next week's quarterly Pride supplement, where you can find out exactly what it would take for you to secure all of the legal rights (or at least all of the rights that it's possible for you to secure) that straight folks receive with a marriage license.
• Finally ... consider this your invitation to check out The Range, our online daily dispatch, at blog.tucsonweekly.com, if you have not done so lately. The amount of content we're posting—including lots of breaking news, arts coverage, compelling photographs and quirky stuff you won't find anywhere else—is steadily on the rise (as is the number of page views we're getting). Over the last few months, we've been averaging between five and eight fresh items posted every day. Check it out, and join in the conversation.