by Dan Gibson
It's not all that often that we have a job opening around here, but we're currently hiring for a new position here at the the Weekly: Online editor.
So, here's most of what the gig entails:
• Creating and managing content for our website, including The Range (this is harder than it seems, believe me...writing six posts a day or so)
• Work with writers, editors, photographers and designers to develop Web-exclusive content
• All the social media stuff, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and whatever else pops up
• Developing new features and such, including evaluating vendors, determining new forms of revenue
• Tracking analytics, metrics, developing plans to get more people to look at our website and for longer
• Apps or whatever
• The other stuff that seems to come up each week
• Being awesome and brilliant and whatever
Consideration will go only to those who have writing and reporting experience in addition to the necessary technical skills. (We're serious about this. It's a fun job, but you need to know what you're doing.) The ideal candidate will have a wide variety of experience doing Web development; have a knowledge of basic HTML; be familiar with various website and social-networking platforms; and be ready for the Tucson Weekly work environment. It's a complicated job with a lot of moving parts, so if you're the sort of person who likes to focus on one task at a time, uninterrupted, you will be unhappy and we will be unhappy.
This is a full-time position, with benefits. Please send a cover letter, a resume and links to work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN 3 P.M., TUESDAY, AUG. 6 (we're in a hurry). Thanks!