I've received a number of questions from folks regarding the Tucson Weekly's Best of Tucson® since I mentioned it in this space last week. Here are some answers to those questions:
• The Best of Tucson® Readers' Choice balloting will start at TucsonWeekly.com during either the first or second week of April, and will run into the first part of June.
• There is no nomination process; readers can vote for anybody.
• The results are announced in the Best of Tucson® issue, scheduled for publication this year on Sept. 22.
E-mail me if you have any further questions!
• In other news, from the Shameless Self-Promotion Department: Congratulations to the Tucson Weekly art department, which won three awards in the American Advertising Federation Tucson's 30th Annual Addy Awards contest. The results were announced Saturday, Feb. 19, at the Fox Tucson Theatre. The awards were:
• A Gold Addy Award in the illustration/campaign category, to art director Adam Kurtz and illustrator Michael Grimm, for our Best of Tucson® 24 illustrations (Sept. 23, 2010).
• A Gold Addy Award in the illustration category, to Kurtz and editorial designer/illustrator Gary Smathers, for the cover illustration accompanying Margaret Regan's "The Death of Josseline" (Feb. 18, 2010).
• A Bronze Addy Award in the cover category, to Kurtz, senior writer Jim Nintzel and illustrator Lloyd Dangle, for "The 9 Types of Arizona Politicians" cover illustration accompanying "Your Guide to the 2010 Elections" (June 3, 2010).
Congratulations to everyone! Also, congratulations to Michelle Livingston and the rest of the AAF Tucson folks on a successful and fun (if at times crowded) event!