Give the gift of food and lower your library fines! From April 15 to April 30, library customers can pay overdue fines and help support the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona. During Food for Fines, one dollar in overdue fines will be waived for each non-perishable food item donated at any library.
What fines can be waived?
What can I donate?
- Only overdue fines will be waived. No lost material, damaged fees, collection agency fees, or other fees will be waived during this event.
What is not accepted:
- Nonperishable items such as canned vegetables, peanut butter, cans of tuna and cereal are all welcome.
What happens with my donation?
- Perishable food
- Expired food
- Opened, dented, or damaged food
- Homemade food
- Food in glass containers
What if I don't have any fines on my account?
- All donations are sent to the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona, so your donation goes directly to your community.
- You can still participate!!! Your donations will be sent along with the rest of the food.