ShowValue Event Measurement
The Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona is hosting a HungerWalk on Sept. 15 at Sam Lena Park at Kino Complex.
On Saturday, Sept. 15 there will be a HungerWalk from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Sam Lena Park at Kino Complex.
Registration is at 7 a.m.
Put on by the Community Food Bank, this event raises funds and awareness for the fight against hunger. There will be music, entertainment, games, activities, snacks and more.
The walk will traverse 1.5 miles through the Community Food Bank’s food pantry, main warehouse and gardens. Walkers will learn about hunger, the programs and services of the food bank and how they can get involved.
Bring your friends and family, the walk will be fun for all ages!
Did you know?
1. Across the United States, 48,135,000 people are food insecure.
2. It would take 24 billion dollars to provide enough meals to close the gap.
3. About 15.4 percent of people in Southern Arizona are food insecure.
4. This past year, the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona helped bring nearly 35 million pounds of food to more than 200,000 people.
5. The Community Food Bank serves five counties in Southern Arizona: Cochise, Graham, Greenlee, Pima, and Santa Cruz.
6. The food bank represents just over 23,000 square miles and over 1.2 million people.