Rumors no more! A LGBTQ-focused health and wellness clinic will open at 3130 E. Broadway early this summer, according to an email from CODAC Behavioral Health Services.
The Living Out Loud Health and Wellness Center will provide wellness services, traditional behavioral health treatment as well as primary care for children and youth age 6 and older, adults, couples and families. The clinic can be used by straight allies well.
From the CODAC press release issued today:
All staff and volunteers will be LGBTQ-identified and/or allies who have experience working within the community.
“We have heard from our LGBTQ clients and from the greater LGBTQ community that they would like a one-stop health and wellness center that’s safe and affirming of their identities and provides top of the line, expert care for their specific needs,” says Dennis Regnier, CODAC President and CEO.
Living Out Loud will serve individuals, couples, families and other professionals through its wide variety of health and wellness services, including:
· Individual, family, couples and group therapy.
· Specialized services and support for transgender individuals who wish to undergo gender confirmation procedures.
· Social activities and community gatherings.
· Health and wellness classes such as yoga, tai chi, meditation, exercise, nutrition, healthy relationships and parenting.
· Comprehensive general mental health assessment, psychiatric services and medication monitoring.
· Primary care medicine for annual exams and to address any medical issues that may arise.
· Professional consultation for other service providers in the community.
· An on-site pharmacy assistant who can help coordinate medication needs.
· An on-site lab.
· SMART Recovery, 12-step and other support groups.
· Case management and peer support.
· Drop-in crisis intervention.
· LGBTQ-friendly resources and referrals.
· Counseling and support to straight and cis-gender allies.
“We are very excited to be able to offer this unique concept to the Tucson community. Living Out Loud will be a calm, inviting and community-oriented space that fosters health and wellness for the LGBTQ community. We are pleased to be able to provide an option for LGBTQ community members to choose for their wellness and health care,” says Aimee Graves, Vice President for Resource Development.
The cost of care may be covered by a variety of funding sources including private insurance (including many commercial insurance carriers and the new marketplace insurance companies), a reasonable sliding scale fee for service menu or AHCCCS.
For more information, contact Aimee Graves, Vice President for Resource Development at (520) 202-1722.
On the CODAC email newsletter today it was also announced that the Living Out Loud program coordinator is Joe Nutini:
Joe Nutini, LMSW, is the Program Coordinator for the Living Out Loud Health & Wellness Center. Joe was formerly CODAC's iTEAM therapist, where he provided culturally responsive services to LGBTQ and straight allied youth.
Joe's experience lies in prevention, community organizing, education and cultural competency training in Tucson for over 10 years. He received a Master's in Social Work from Arizona State University.
Joe is LGBTQ identified and is passionate about providing outstanding options for holistic care to the community. He has spent many years talking with others to develop the concept for the Center and is thrilled to see it all coming together.
Contact Joe at email@example.com.