On Tuesday, Hotel Congress was buzzing with friends, family and staff as they celebrated Tom "Tiger" Ziegler's 80th birthday. Ziegler has been working at Hotel Congress as a bartender inside the Tap Room for over 54 years. In honor of Ziegler's birthday Hotel Congress renamed the Tap Room as Tiger's Tap Room and gave him a large cake with his namesake on it.
"I am speechless, " said Ziegler. "It's like a dream come true, like you have to pinch yourself to see if it is true."
- Tiger Ziegler enjoying a beer at his 80th birthday celebration.
- Tiger Ziegler holding a Tiger that was on top of his birthday cake.
- (left) Herb Calleros, cafe manager at Hotel Congress and Nora Jean Miller, banquet manager at Hotel Congress cut and serve Tiger Ziegler's birthday cake.
- Will Schuiteman and Tiger Ziegler enjoy a beer while talking outside of Hotel Congress.
- The new Tiger's Tap Room.
- Tiger Ziegler standing behing the bar counter, inside the newly renamed Tiger's Tap Room at Hotel Congress.