Hotel Congress Honors Tiger On His 80th Birthday
On Tuesday, Hotel Congress was buzzing with friends, family and staff as they celebrated Tom "Tiger" Ziegler's 80th birthday. Ziegler has been working at Hotel Congress as a bartender inside the Tap Room for over 54 years. In honor of Ziegler's birthday Hotel Congress renamed the Tap Room as Tiger's Tap Room and gave him a large cake with his namesake on it.
"I am speechless, " said Ziegler. "It's like a dream come true, like you have to pinch yourself to see if it is true."
- Tiger Ziegler enjoying a beer at his 80th birthday celebration.
- Tiger Ziegler holding a Tiger that was on top of his birthday cake.
- (left) Herb Calleros, cafe manager at Hotel Congress and Nora Jean Miller, banquet manager at Hotel Congress cut and serve Tiger Ziegler's birthday cake.
- Will Schuiteman and Tiger Ziegler enjoy a beer while talking outside of Hotel Congress.
- The new Tiger's Tap Room.
- Tiger Ziegler standing behing the bar counter, inside the newly renamed Tiger's Tap Room at Hotel Congress.
Tiger's Tap Room