It's time for the 6th Annual Celebration of Music and Culture Charity Event, a multi-genre showcase that hosts a variety of professional musicians. It will be hosted at the TCC Leo Rich Theater on Sunday, September 30, 2012, from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $40.
The event's proceeds will support the Tucson Musicians Museum Mentor Program for Youth. TMM's Mentor Program will give the guidance of a qualified professional musician to youth who otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford this service. TMM would like to develop sustained youth/mentor relationships and reach out to as many young people as possible. It will be the support of the community that helps to make this program successful for Tucson's youth.
The evening will include live performances by this year's inductees, free appetizers, a cash bar, a silent auction, and a ceremony for this year's inductees, including Brian, David and Howard Bromberg.
For more information, including ticket info and a full list of inductees and performers, see below the jump.
Musical performances by:
- Brian Bromberg - Bass player, Producer and Songwriter
- Black Man Clay - World Beat Percussionist
- Bobby Gimmel - Guitarist
- David Rife - Violinist
- Domingo DeGrazia - Flamenco Guitarist
- Ned Sutton - Guitarist and Singer
- Rev. Amos L. Lewis - Gospel
- Rosemary (Bearse) Koshnider - Accordion player, Singer
- Sydney George - Blues-Zydeco
- Carlos Bedoya Saldivar - Mariachi Guitarist and Music Director
- Howard Bromberg - Drummer
- Norman Douglas Sholin - Guitarist
Tickets are $40 and are available at:
- Tucson Musician's Museum
- 17th Street Market: 830 E 17th St., 792-2588
- The Chicago Store: 130 East Congress St., 622-3341 & 5646 E Speedway Blvd., 886-1516