If you're easily grossed out, you might want to skip this post. If you want to hear a story about a Texas family that made the mistake of making their own sushi, keep going, but you've been warned.
The Pham family is trying to forget what happened at their large Father's Day celebration Saturday in Central Texas.
They prepared their own sushi with raw salmon purchased the same day at the H-E-B in Round Rock at State Highway 45 and Greenlawn Boulevard.
"My niece came in here, and she was eating one of the few pieces of sushi we had left on the plate and said, 'Ew, something feels funny,'" said Nichol Pham. "She pulled something out of her mouth, and it looked like a string."
When they looked closer, the string was moving. When they looked at the rest of the salmon, they could see more tiny worms covering the fish.
Pham said 23 people ate the salmon and felt sick the next day. Half of them were children, all cousins, ages 2 to 12.
"We've vomited, have diarrhea, stomach aching," said Pham. "My stomach is still aching today."
She said they went back to H-E-B that night to talk to a manager who offered a refund.
"We explained to him: 'We don't want a refund. We've already ingested this into our bodies,'" said Pham.