New Democratic Senate Race Poll: Glassman 20%. Parraz 17%. Dougherty 11%. Eden 8%

by

1 comment

I noted in this week's cover story that polls have shown that most Democratic voters still don't know who they're voting for in the Democratic primary for U.S. Senate seat now held by Republican John McCain.

A new poll released by Democrat Randy Parraz confirms that nearly half of the voters still haven't made up their minds. A full 44 percent were undecided in the survey.

Here's the release from the Parraz campaign:

With exactly ten days to go before Election Day, the race for the Democratic nomination for the United States Senate remains wide open. The four candidates — Rodney Glassman, Cathy Eden, John Dougherty and Randy Parraz — have yet to gain significant traction among Democratic voters. Campaign tactics taken in the final two weeks by the four campaigns will determine who wins the Democratic nomination to face the winner of the Republican primary.

Following recent polling conducted by Rasmussen in which it determined that 47% of Arizona voters were undecided, polling conducted for the Parraz campaign indicates that 44% of voters remain undecided. Similar to data released in two Rasmussen polls, polling conducted for the Parraz campaign (Sample size 417 likely voters) shows the primary race to be a virtual dead heat between Rodney Glassman (20%) and Randy Parraz (17%), followed by John Dougherty (11%) and Cathy Eden (8%).

As expected, Randy Parraz holds a tremendous lead among Latino voters. In the survey he was supported by a ratio of 7:1 over his

closest competitor. Among non-Latino voters, Glassman holds a strong lead, with non-Latino voters, followed by John Dougherty, Eden and Parraz.

The poll also revealed that the traditional turnout model for past Democratic primaries will not be in play this election year. The proportion of voters who are Latino will be higher than any previous election.

Also Democratic voters still strongly oppose SB 1070 by better than a 2-1 margin, with 70% remaining opposed to SB 1070, and 30% expressing support.

ETA: An earlier version of this post misstated that 47 percent in the Parraz poll were undecided.

Tags

Comments

Showing 1-1 of 1

 

Add a comment