Continuing with the list of must-visit Tucson restaurants we Weekly resident foodies compiled at the request of a reader ... here's Renee Downing's two cents. My list can be found here, with Karyn Zoldan's here; Rita Connelly's list will come later.
- Green corn tamales—I haven't had them for years, but the ones at Lerua's on Broadway used to be the best.
- Chile rellenos at Mi Nidito.
- Carne seca anything at El Charro (the original one downtown).
- Horchata (okay, it's a beverage) at Pico de Gallo.
- Margaritas at Mosaic Cafe.
- Lobster-corn whatchamacallits at Feast (whenever they're on the menu).
- Nabeyaki udon and curry rice at Sachiko (original Wilmot and Speedway location).
- Bruschetta and mozarella/tomato salad at Vivace.