Helping People in NeedVolunteers are needed to prepare side dishes, desserts and turkeys at home and then drop them off at one of the Primavera Foundation's transitional housing locations on Nov. 26 or 27. Call Jenny at 623-5111, ext. 102, to sign up.
ClosedThe French Quarter, at 3146 E. Grant Road, and Charlie's Tavern and Grill, at 3412 N. Dodge Blvd., are now closed.
Thanksgiving DiningReservations are advised at most of these restaurants:
• Acacia at St. Philip's: Chef Albert Hall prepares a four-course prix-fixe meal from 1 to 7 p.m.; $48 per person and $24 for children; 4340 N. Campbell Ave.; 232-0101.
• Govinda's Natural Foods: Meet Curley Sue, a local Willcox turkey and family pet who will roam Govinda's grounds for the third year in a row while diners feast on a vegan and cruelty-free dinner from noon to 8:30 p.m. Govinda's is located at 711 E. Blacklidge Drive; 792-0630; the cost is $13.95 for adults.
• Lodge on the Desert: Savor a four-course prix-fixe repast at this midtown hideaway for $38 per person at 306 N. Alvernon Way; 325-3366.
• Lovin' Spoonfuls: Enjoy a traditional dinner, but substitute the bird with mock turkey with lemon tarragon sauce plus all of the fixings for $17.95. Dinner is by reservation only from noon to 4 p.m., so call ahead; 325-7766; 2990 N. Campbell Ave.
• Pastiche: Pastiche will be open from noon until 8 p.m. serving an à la carte menu of classic and not-so-classic Thanksgiving fare at 3025 N. Campbell Ave.; 325-3333.
• JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort: Primo offers its traditional menu plus a featured Thanksgiving entrée from 4 to 9 p.m.; 791-6071. The Signature Grill boasts a brunch with carving stations and cuisine in motion that runs from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. for $49 per person or $18 per child age 6 to 12; 792-3500. The Catalina Steakhouse has two packages to-go: a meal plus bottle of wine that serves 6 to 8 people for $159 plus tax, and a meal with a Cornish game hen that serves 2 to 4 people for $89; 670-0444; 3800 W. Starr Pass Blvd.
• Etc.: Hotel Congress' Cup Café downtown, 622-8848; the northwest's El Conquistador Resort, 544-1708; and in the foothills, Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, 299-2020, and Westward Look Resort, 297-1151, all offer a variety of dining choices.